In preparation for Thanksgiving, we reached out on social media and asked teachers two questions:
- Why did you get into education?
- What is your current “why” that keeps you going as a teacher?
We’ll be sharing and reflecting on some of the responses we received in today’s episode. As we prepare for quality time with our family and friends, we wanted to take a moment to remember what we are thankful for. To the teachers—you make such a difference in the lives of our students, families, and communities. This episode is our thank you to you.
When you can’t control what’s happening, challenge yourself to control the way you respond to what’s happening. That’s where your power is.
The following resources are available on AVID Open Access to explore this topic in more depth:
- “R” You Ready to Recharge? Tips for Teacher Self-Care (article)
- “R” You Ready for Some R and R? (podcast episode)
- Connecting With Ourselves and Others to Recharge (podcast episode)
- Refuel, Recharge, and Recover: Teacher Self-Care (podcast episode)
- How to Prioritize Self-Care: Developing Your SEL Toolkit (podcast episode)
Pausing for Gratitude When Remembering Our Why
In preparation for today’s episode, we received feedback from teachers across the United States who shared their why—what motivates them and what inspires them. Thank you for sharing your experiences and thoughts with us. We appreciate you!
Tune into our special Thanksgiving episode to hear our team share the secret ingredients that motivate teachers’ actions and drive their work. We explore the following topics, which serve as inspiration for teachers across the country:
- Make a difference
- Empower and help
- Provide a better experience than I had
- Become a role model