Hear how one Washington school district has developed a program to expose high school students to potential careers in education with the hope of inspiring them to return to work in the district as teachers and paraeducators.
Join our conversation about the current shortage of elementary teachers, as we consider ways that we can recruit, support, and retain teachers, especially teachers of color.
Join us as we discuss the current teacher shortage and brainstorm ways that we can get more young people interested in joining the teaching profession while retaining those who are currently working in our schools.
Explore the concept of toxic positivity: how to recognize it, how you can better understand it, and ways of approaching it in a school setting.
Explore strategies and approaches that can make teaching a little bit easier and provide the time and energy needed to focus on what matters most.
In preparation for Thanksgiving, we reached out on social media and asked teachers to share their “why” with us. Join us to learn what motivates and inspires our teachers, as we say thank you for all they do.
It’s the beginning of the year and we are wondering, are you okay? For many of us, the stress of creating a positive, supportive, and inclusive environment for students who are back in the classroom after 18 months is overwhelming. Let’s talk about it.
Join us for the last installment of our SEL series where we reframe the narrative. Rather than focusing on learning loss, we explore what we have learned this year that has led to growth and resiliency.
In the second episode of our SEL series, we talk about how to take time to build a personalized SEL toolkit, which starts with a need to understand our self-care bias and to identify daily practices to alleviate stress and help us find moments of joy.
Stay connected to the latest education conversations, ideas, tips, and tools with a Professional Learning Network (PLN).
Extend Your Learning
The following resources related to this topic can be found on AVID Open Access to extend and connect your learning:
- “R” You Ready to Recharge? Tips for Teacher Self-Care: Explore 12 ways to recharge and take care of yourself.
- Mind Yeti: Practice and share mindfulness strategies with your students.
- Connecting With Ourselves and Others to Recharge: Find tips for establishing a self-care routine.
- Recover, Recharge, and Regroup for Fall: Explore ways to recover, recharge, and regroup this summer and get ready for fall.
- Refuel, Recharge, and Recover: Teacher Self-Care: Let’s talk about burnout and resilience and how teachers have been impacted by the pandemic, while also charged with building a sense of normalcy for their students.
These collections change often as we add new curriculum and resources to AVID Open Access.
Find out more about how AVID Open Access is growing on our About page.