In our conversation with Dr. Geneva Gay, we explore foundational aspects of culturally responsive teaching, including what it is and why it’s important.
Explore 13 ways to make student conferences more efficient and effective.
Explore four ways for finding time to meet with students.
Explore four areas of differentiation that can lead to accelerated learning.
Explore 12 ways to design learning that empower students by building on their assets.
Let’s explore how we can develop the skills that we need as educators to provide multiple on-ramps in making learning accessible to all students.
Explore 11 ways to design rigorous and cognitively complex learning experiences for your students.
Explore ways to bring every student to the academic mountaintop.
Explore ways to accelerate learning by assessing prior learning, backwards designing summative assessments, and conducting frequent formative checks.
Explore a three-step process that includes identifying priority grade-level standards, determining gaps in prerequisite learning, and providing just-in-time support for unlearned prerequisite skills.
Explore ways to design a learning environment that allows you to accelerate learning by meeting the unique needs of each learner.
Explore ways to accelerate learning by empowering students with key study skills and then by exposing them to rich, rigorous learning experiences where they can achieve success by applying these important skills.
Accelerate Learning by Making Connections: Build Trust Through Relationships, Community, and Connection
Explore four ways to accelerate learning through classroom connections: connecting teacher to student, student to student, teacher to family, and student to learning.
Explore an introduction to accelerated learning, including the dangers of a deficit mindset, the need to accelerate rather than remediate, and the importance of being an equity champion.
While the past year resulted in disruption in schooling, as we look forward, can we shift the focus of the national dialogue from learning loss to accelerating learning? Join us as we talk with Dr. Lynn Kepp, Vice President of Executive Communication and Project Management Office at AVID Center, about how AVID is shifting the conversation to focus on student agency.
Extend Your Learning
- Foster a Growth Mindset for Teachers and Students: Discover how learning mindsets can affect both teacher and student performance.
- Create Differentiation for Students in Remote Learning: Leverage technology to provide differentiation to help students learn content effectively, according to their needs.
- Develop Your Students’ Digital Organizational Skills: Study Spaces, Routines, and Time Management: Discover strategies and digital tools that students can use to develop their digital organizational skills.
- Empower Students to Accelerate Learning: Develop a student-centered approach to accelerate learning and develop opportunities to foster student agency.
- The Role of Assessment in Accelerating Learning: Explore how to reframe assessment to understand what students know and help them develop the skills they need, while using teacher agency to rearticulate education to positively impact your students’ educational experience.
These collections change often as we add new curriculum and resources to AVID Open Access.
Find out more about how AVID Open Access is growing on our About page.