Grammarly, a software-based writing assistant, has added a new generative artificial intelligence (AI) feature called GrammarlyGO. It integrates a ChatGPT-style chatbot into the Grammarly experience. By clicking a green light bulb in the bottom-right corner of the screen, you can launch GrammarlyGO and get generative writing assistance within the Grammarly interface. Results can be copied to your document, refined with a menu of limiters, or updated with follow-up prompts.
GrammarlyGO’s key features include:
- Integrated, generative AI chatbot
- Accessible on any type of device through download, app, or extension
- 100 free prompts per month
- Button to add generated content to your document
- Defines your unique writing voice for generated responses
- Refines results with follow-up questions and menu options
- Convenient access to generative AI within the writing experience
GrammarlyGO can be thought of as a cowriter or writing assistant. It can help you brainstorm ideas, create an outline to get you started, provide background information, or even generate a first draft for you to refine. As a writing assistant, it can save you time, provide inspiration, and give you a head start on your writing tasks. Because it is integrated into Grammarly, it’s readily accessible throughout your writing and revision process.
How can I learn more?
For more information about AI, explore the following AVID Open Access article collection: AI in the K–12 Classroom.