Wordwall is a “freemium” product that allows you to create both digital and printable activities. Simply choose a template, enter your content, and print or play on screen. With the free version, you can choose from 18 different activities (13 that are also printable), including Match Up, Random Wheel, Group Sort, Random Cards, Whack-a-Mole, Quiz, Find the Match, Open the Box, Matching Pairs, Missing Word, Gameshow Quiz, Unjumble, Maze Chase, and True or False. Once you have created an activity, you can easily convert it to a different template format. You are allowed to create five free activities without a subscription. With the free version, you can also search the community library and use an unlimited number of activities created by others. A monthly subscription allows you to create unlimited activities, access more activity types, and create activities for multiple players.
- Wordwall is web-based.
- An internet connection is required.
- No login is required to use items from the community.
- An account is needed to create or edit activities.
- Create an account or log in with Google.
- Students do not need to log in to engage in the digital activities.
- Most activities can be printed as PDFs.
- Activities may be edited.
- Themes and template formats can be changed.
- Activities include sharable links and an embed code.
Check out this video and tip sheet for an overview of Wordwall: