Seesaw is a student-driven digital portfolio and simple parent communication tool. Teachers can create classes, add students, establish a parent communication channel, and manage digital activities all within the website. Students can log in to the website, or with the app, and submit photos, videos, digital drawings, files, text messages, as well as generate shareable links to their personal portfolio. Likewise, the teacher can post to the classroom journal or to individual student journals. Teachers can also create and assign digital activities to either the whole class or specific students. Students complete this work and submit it to the teacher when finished. In addition to the class app (which is for students), Seesaw also features a family app. With this app, teachers can establish a convenient and versatile communication channel with families, and families are able to view their child’s journal and activities. Seesaw is powerful but simple enough for even the youngest learners.
- Seesaw is available through their website or via the mobile app. The mobile app is available for iOS, Android, and Kindle Fire.
- A teacher account is required.
- Login with Google is available.
- Families can create and access their family account through the website or family app.
- Students must use the class app to complete activities or add to their journal.
- Seesaw is web-based and requires an internet connection.
Check out this video and tip sheet for an overview of Seesaw: