Pixlr is a free online photo editor. There are two versions of the editor available online: X and E. The X version is described as “the easy to use photo editor.” It features a simpler interface and is a great choice for those who are just getting started or looking for basic image editing tools. Pixlr E is described as a “powerful photo editor for pros” and contains more features and an interface that emulates Adobe Photoshop. A third option is a tool that intelligently removes an image background. Because these tools all fall under the Pixlr brand, you can switch between programs quickly and seamlessly. While there is a premium version available, it is not necessary for most projects. In fact, you do not even need to set up an account to use any of these Pixlr editors.
- An internet connection is required, as this is web-based.
- No account is needed.
- Images are uploaded and downloaded (or stored in the computer cache).
- A free account is available (as is a paid upgrade).
- Images can be downloaded in multiple formats, including .jpg, .png, and the native Pixlr format.
- Pixlr will work on a Chromebook, PC, Mac, and tablet through a browser application.
Check out this video and tip sheet for an overview of Pixlr:
Interested in Learning More?
The following resource is available to answer additional questions you may have: