Mindomo is a web-based mind mapping tool. With a free account, you can create up to three mind maps. You can choose a design style and start your own mind map from scratch, or you can choose from one of many templates provided on the Mindomo dashboard. If you set up a teacher account, there is an option to create an assignment. By adding student emails, you can assign a mind mapping task and see their work through the dashboard. When creating a mind map, you can add text, images, notes, hyperlinks, video, or audio to any concept on the map. You can also customize the look and location of each element on the mind map. A share feature allows users to work on the same mind map together, which is great for collaborative projects.
- Mindomo is a web-based tool.
- Android and iOS apps are available.
- Learning Tool Interoperability (LTI) integrations are available.
- An account is required (a Google sign-in option is available).
- Three mind maps are available with the free account.
- Images and audio can be inserted via URL links.
- Videos may be inserted from YouTube or Vimeo.
- Uploading content requires a premium account.
- Install the Chrome extension to capture links, images, and text from the web.
Check out this video and tip sheet for an overview of Mindmodo:
Interested in Learning More?
The following resource is available to answer additional questions you may have: