Loom is a screen recording tool that is free for students and teachers. It is ideal for creating instructional videos or video messages that can be shared as a link or embedded directly into webpages and email. The software allows users to record their computer screen, their web camera, or both simultaneously, while also capturing audio. This user-friendly tool is ideal for students to record videos that demonstrate their learning.
- Loom will continue to be free for teachers and students.
- A verified account is required to access the free education version.
- Loom is compatible with Mac, Windows, and iOS.
- Loom can be used via the Loom website, a Chrome extension, or the desktop app.
- The desktop app offers more features than the website or extension (such as annotation tools).
- Videos are stored in your Loom account and can be downloaded or shared via a link or embed code.
- Loom offers Slack and Gmail integration.
Check out this video and tip sheet for an overview of Loom:
Interested in Learning More?
The following resources are available to answer additional questions you may have: