Clipchamp is an online video recording and editing studio. Although there is a paid version, the free version will likely meet most classroom needs. You may create a project from scratch or begin with a template. With the free plan, you can combine and edit your own video, image, and audio files, as well as add titles, filters, and visual effects. You can also add voice-overs, record your screen, or record from your webcam. There are handy options for importing media from your computer, phone, or online drive. When you are finished, you can export as many videos as you like in 480p (SD) resolution without a watermark. If you need higher-resolution files, you will need to upgrade to the premium account. To access your project on multiple devices, you will either need to upgrade or be sure that you are storing your clips in Box or Google Drive.
- Clipchamp is an online tool with a local install option.
- Creation of a free account is required. Users may sign up with a Google account or create a new account in Clipchamp.
- The free account requires files to be stored locally or in Box or Google Drive accounts.
- Create and export unlimited videos at 480p (SD) resolution.
- In the free version, media in the stock library includes a watermark.
Check out this video and tip sheet for an overview of Clipchamp:
Interested in Learning More?
The following resource is available to answer additional questions you may have: