In today’s episode, we’ll explore the unique and important role that curiosity plays in the learning process.
Keys Points About Curiosity
- Curiosity engages students.
- We need to think about how the school experience impacts curiosity.
- Studies affirm that curiosity leads to better learning.
- The skills developed by fostering curiosity are in high demand.
- Comparing the Effects of Generating Questions, Testing, and Restudying on Students’ Long-Term Recall in University Learning (Mirjam Ebersbach, Maike Feierabend, and Katharina Barzagar B. Nazari in Applied Cognitive Psychology)
- Early Childhood Curiosity and Kindergarten Reading and Math Academic Achievement (Prachi E. Shah, Heidi M. Weeks, Blair Richards, and Niko Kaciroti in Pediatric Research)
- The Class of 2030 and Life-Ready Learning: The Technology Imperative (Microsoft and McKinsey & Company’s Education Practice)
- Curiosity Is as Important as Intelligence (Harvard Business Review)