Marking Up Digital Text
In today’s episode, we’ll review five strategies for marking up digital text as well as five digital annotation tools that your students can begin using today.
- Color-code content.
- Define words.
- Ask questions.
- Make predictions.
- Engage in close reading.
- Digital Highlighters (Highlight Tool)
- Comment Tools (Talk and Comment)
- PDF Markup Tools (Kami and DocHub)
- Annotating Websites (Print Friendly & PDF, Hypothesis, Page Marker, and Scrible Toolbar)
- Removing Advertisements and Converting Websites to PDF (Postlight Reader)
- Teacher-Managed Annotations (InsertLearning)
For more information about marking up digital text, explore the following AVID Open Access article: Incorporate Strategies for Critical Reading and Digital Marking of Text.